BLOOMINGTON, IN – 10 FEBRUARY 2023 – Five American riders will start for US-based, UCI Continental Team Cynisca Cycling Saturday at the Clásica de Almeria. They’ll be joined by one French and one Canadian teammates as they race 141km from Puebla de Vícar to Vera, Spain.
“We expect the race to be animated and fast,” says Cynisca Sports Director Robin Farina. “The parcours suits our team’s talents, and we look forward to stepping up to the challenge.”
Cynisca Cycling team members participating in Saturday’s VCV Féminas include:
· Émilie Fortin, Laval, Quebec, CANADA
· Kyleigh Spearing, Frankfurt, IL (near Chicago), USA
· Zoe Ta-Perez, Orange, California, USA
· Maddy Ward, Poway, California, USA
· Grace Williams, Bloomington, Indiana, USA
· Claire Windsor, Travelers Rest, South Carolina, USA
Paulline, Emilie, Kyleigh and Zoe had a solid run last Sunday in Cynisca’s first race at the Vuelta CV Féminas in Valencia, Spain. Maddy, Grace and Claire will make their Cynisca debuts Saturday, and the Clásica de Almeria will be Grace’s first international competition.
“I’m a little nervous, a lot excited and ready to learn as much as I can over those 141 kilometers,” said Grace Williams as she prepared for Saturday’s race.
The team will wear Mumu Apparel kits and race on cobalt blue Ventum Racing NS1 frames with Shimano drivetrains, brakes, pedals, power meters and wheels; Arundel Bicycling Company bartape, cages; WTB saddles; and Vittoria tires. Shimano will also supply the team with comfort and quality from head to toe with Shimano glasses and shoes and Lazer helmets.
- #womenscycling, Cynisca, Cynisca Cycling, cyniscacycling, Women's Cycling, Women's racing, womens cycling
- February 10, 2023